Bike Loop to Peterborough
- Follow Route 123 to Cavender Road Total: 2.4 miles
- Take a left onto Cavender Road. If you are on road tires, you may want to take a right onto Route 202 here because the first section of rail trail is bumpy. Get back on the trail where it crosses Route 202, just after the school bus parking lot. Total: 4.6 miles.
- If you want to take the scenic route, cross Route 202 to continue on Cavender Road. The rail trail is on the right before the river. total: 4.7 miles
- Follow this improved section of trail. When you arrive at a small traffic circle, the rail trail continues on the other side. When this section of trail ends, go straight on the road, and the rail trail soon begins again in front of you. total: 8.8 miles
- A left turn onto Summer Street will have you at Depot Square in Peterborough. total: 9.6 miles.
- Get an ice cream at Ava Marie’s or sit on the patio at Harlow’s Pub.
- For a more challenging route home, follow Main Street. Take a right on High Street and then a left onto Middle road. total: 16.7 miles
- A right turn on Route 137 and a right turn onto Route 123 will have you back at the Hancock Inn. total: 17.1 miles